What to keep in mind before the flight?
- Please note that check-in usually starts 2 to 3 hours before departure and closes 1 hour to 30 minutes before departure, depending on the length of the itinerary for a given flight or carrier regulations
- Remember to check the access to the airport. From our experience, it is definitely best to leave early and know how to get to the airport from the bus, tram or train stop / station etc. or how best to get to the airport and where to park safely. Before traveling, it is worth reading the regulations and price lists of airport parking lots!
- Always keep documents (ID, passport, residence card, return ticket) with you, preferably in internal pockets
- Remember where and in what form you have your boarding pass (physical / electronic). If you use an electronic card - make sure that the device on which you store it is charged!
Check out our luggage tips:
- DGR - Dangerous Goods Regulations - dangerous materials and substances. According to the EU Regulation 2015/1998, items prohibited in hand luggage include:
1). Handguns, firearms and other projectile-firing devices that are suitable or appear capable of causing serious injury by projectile launch, including: firearms, toy guns / replicas, components of firearms except telescopic sights, firearms pneumatic and CO2, signal and starting pistols, bows, crossbows and arrows, harpoon and spear guns, slings and catapults.
2). Stunning equipment, including: shock devices such as stun guns, tasers and stun truncheons, animal stunning and slaughter equipment, neutralizing and incapacitating chemicals, gases and aerosols (e.g. pepper spray).
3). Items with sharp points or sharp edges suitable for serious injury, including: choppers such as axes, hatchets, cleavers, in addition, ice axes and ice picks, razor blades, knives and scissors with a blade length of from 6 cm (scissors counted from the pivot point), equipment used in martial arts, swords, swords, sabers;
4). Working tools capable of causing serious injury or a threat to the safety of the aircraft, including: crowbars, drills and drills, tools with a blade or shank greater than 6 cm, i.e. screwdrivers and chisels, in addition, saws, blowtorches, stud shooters or nails
5). Blunt tools capable of causing serious injury, including: baseball and softball bats, batons, martial arts equipment.
- Prohibited items:
1). Explosive materials and devices as well as incendiary substances and devices, including: ammunition, primers, fuses and detonators, replicas or imitations of explosive devices, mines, grenades and other military explosive devices, fireworks and other pyrotechnic materials, smoke grenades and smoke cartridges, dynamite, gunpowder, plastic explosives.
Asking about prohibited items is not the same as asking about DGR, you should ask each passenger about both. In the event of a conflict of DGR regulations and the list of prohibited items, we apply the provisions of DGR. Example: The passenger on the LO cruise has ammunition. It is prohibited in both hand luggage and checked luggage. However, DGR regulations allow the transport of ammunition in checked baggage, and the carrier allows the transport of such an item, so you can take a suitcase with ammunition and place it in the luggage compartment. Remember not to pack any documents or medicines required for the trip into your checked baggage We recommend that you rather not pack valuables and electronics in checked baggage Please follow the restrictions as indicated on the website of the carrier whose services you use Special baggage - it is difficult to provide universal advice in this regard. Please visit the website of the airline whose services you use.